Sunday, January 21, 2007

I am battling the fear of the unknown again, the abyss of life that I must face and fill, Lord help me. What employment will I have next year? What will I do after next year? What do I want to do? What should I do? What color should I dye my hair next? What if I end up alone forever? Should I go to school, travel, or do something equally beneficial that I haven't thought of yet? The list of questions goes on indefinitely... Ack!! Will this ever get easier? Shoot, another question! I have so much to learn still, so much I don't even know I don't know. The only thing that is keeping me from keeling over in a fit of convulsions is the mantra that keeps running through my head from the lyrics of Derek Webb, unoriginal yet profound, Do not be afraid. Do not be afraid. Do not be afraid. Do not be afraid. These words compel me forward into the future, compel me to have a little bit more faith, a little bit more trust, and a little bit more contentment in the place I currently occupy.

No comments: