Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We finally have our first real snow...it kind of melted during the day but now is falling hard again and is beautiful. I will post pictures soon. If I were in NC the entire city would be shut down.


and so a quote that I love and find very comforting since I don't like not knowing everything. ahem:

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.

Rainer Maria Rilke

4 comments:

Talloaf said...

You got me stumped on those other riddles. Here's a little math riddle.

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is the Grand Prize; behind the others, Booby Prizes. You pick a door, say Door A, and the host, who knows what is behind each door, opens another door, say Door B, revealing a Booby Prize. The host then offers you the opportunity to change your selection to Door C. Should you stick with your original choice or switch? Does it make any difference?

Carrie said...

I love this quote Christa. One of my favorite too.

Amy said...

oooh oooh oooh. I just got your other riddle. Beauty is in the eye of the B holder!

Christa said...

i would switch doors --because there is a greater probability of it being door C if you think about it mathematically....right? i think? or you punch the host, open both doors, grab the prize, and run....


amy got the b holder riddle...the answer is beauty;
in the number riddle, each line describes all the previous lines, so the last line is 1113213211.

does this make sense:
so the second line describes the first by showing there is 'one' 1, the next 'two' 1, so the solution line describes
'one'1 'one'3 'two' 1 'three'2 and 'one'1--