First apartment-made meal in Baltimore: Homemade Hash Browns and a Cheeky Chick In A Loop
What is a Cheeky Chick in a Loop you ask? Well, it is a sandwich of my own invention and it is delicious. It's grilled cheese meets egg in a nest equals awesome.
Want to try this at home? Here's how:
1. Take two pieces of bread, cut one hole in each of them, of equal diameter. Eat the rounds
2. Place butter in a a heated pan, listen for a sizzle
3. Place one piece of bread in the pan and place tiny squares of cheese all around the edges (not in the hole!)
4. Place the second piece of bread on top, aligning the holes
5. Cook, flipping as needed, as cheese melts
6. Before cheese is completely melted, crack an egg in the hole
7. Cook until egg is semi solid, then flip
8. Once browned to perfection, enjoy!
YUM!
Okay, things about Baltimore:
- I live in the cultural district, which means a giant library and at least 4 museums within walking distance, several historical houses to tour, and lots of beautiful churches.
- Pretty enclosed courtyard in the apartment complex, also lots of locks and gates (for safety, Dad. I am very safe.)
- I am next to the Peabody Conservatory, which means easy music library access and limitless concerts
- The apartment is international! Moving out: a Korean and Canadian, moving in: a gal from Hong Kong and gal from Jamaica. Vieen is cute and hilarious, plays violin and studies public policy (Favorite incident so far: my uncle asked if she had a dolly and she quickly said yes. A few minutes later she was handed him a dollar expectantly, confused at his confusion. Dolly and dollar, not the same). Rhonde selected the best Korean food for lunch, winning MVP for the day, and is a Chemistry PhD candidate.
- This is a city, rolling, loud, walkable
- I am at the sea! The harbor is beautiful, with giant ships, er, one giant ship. I haven't figured out where the rest of them are.
Tonight I get the house to myself. I am resting, contemplating how to organize things. Unfortunately, I can't unpack until my first day of classes, when someone moves out of my room. Ack! But then I get the whole place to myself for three weeks! Eureka! Let the decorating begin!
Projects for this week:
Futon cover
Finish bedding
Decorative pillows
3 comments:
sounds perfect for you!
Wow! It does sound perfect! I love thinking about the part of town you live in, although I have to admit, I misread the bit about your courtyard and thought you had lots of 'clocks and gates' so I am now picturing a cute courtyard with all kinds of clocks in it, and lots of birds. (I guess I added the birds...)But locks are good too.
Oh that's so much better than it is...we pretty much have brick in the courtyard but now Laura I will imagine a peter-pan-meets-whimsical-English-garden courtyard...
Post a Comment