I have my own personal soundtrack. It's the clanking and kathunking of objects I run into and knock over as I move through space. (not time, just space).
Last Friday I went to this new fabric store and as I walked in I lost my breath in amazement. The owner and namesake of the store (Elfriede) is a statuesque, elegant older woman who embodies everything I aspire to be. Pulled together, elegant (so elegant its worth mentioning several times) with infinite sewing skill and humor. She was dressed in a gown straight from the 40s, her gray hair pulled back in an equally archaic yet gorgeous up do. I puttered around her small (and expensive) shop, buying small pieces of beautiful cotton prints. I am kind of afraid to do anything with them because they are so pretty. I just sit and look at them. Their potential is satisfying enough without requiring me to actually create something.
Work can be very stressful- even if some Event doesn't occur to disturb the normal sequence of the day, it seems that every person has an individual orbit of Stress, like a Ominous Storm Cloud above their head. Everyone also has a Shield that they use to Deflect the Stress Lightning from their Stress Thunder Cloud, simultaneously protecting themselves from the Lightning and striking anyone else who shows signs of not being Stressed enough.
I try to rise above it all, thankfully I am nimble on my feet and can dodge both Stress Lightning and Stress Orbits.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
are those terms from your everyday work vocabulary? you have a very interesting job...
MISS YOU!!!
no- i made them up. But they could be...
I just heard about something called WWOOF. Living on organic farms for free if you work and they're everywhere in the the world. it should have your name in the title, it's so perfect for you.
i know about WWOOFing! I have stalked the website, salivating over possible locations!
Post a Comment