Today I sat so close to the wood stove that when the wood popped and sparks shot out, I burnt a hole in my pants. and my shirt. Sound familiar? I refer to the dime sized scar on my arm where a spark burned me when I was little. Apparently I never learn. (I am still sitting by the fire).
Today in church we sang some oldie goldies. It was great (I can't remember the name of the songs now). but is was nice. I also enjoyed the Lord's prayer, in which we all said the word "trespasses" instead of "debtors" - "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." The auditorium was split with the sound of "sss" slithering uncontrollably through the air. Delightful.
I am really really tired. The rest of my evening shall be spent reading old dramatic novels in front of Defiant (the name of the wood stove and an apt description of my general attitude).
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment