Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Last night I went to a talk at the delightful Mercury Cafe called Eat Here Now- a discussion about urban gardening and food in Denver and the greater Colorado area. It was amazing. We got lost on the way (of course) and so I had to squeeze into a nook and strain to hear the happenings. I loved just listening to people talk about their passion of growing things and quoting Wendell Berry without heed. I got to talk with a guy who works with a group who helps people convert their lawns into urban, neighborhood gardens. Sigh. I could see my dream for a commune/farm/hostel/happy-gathering-place blooming before my eyes. I will grow things, I will spend my days in the dirt- whether that means on my windowsill or on some acreage. Life is all about community, people! Community and really good food that you know the name of who grew it for you. and really good books, life is about that too. and naps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wendell berry!! He's my hero. Have you read anything by him?
Post a Comment