Item 1: I left work today to the sound of children screaming. In a moment I was braced for action, thrown back into my Tennyson day's when screaming is a precursor to a chili dog to the face or someone stealing your glasses. One hand on my spectacles, I looked around to ascertain the source of the bellows. I was delighted to find that the kids were laughing/ screaming in glee as a Dad ran through the snowy parking lot as quickly as possible, pushing the kiddos in a shopping cart. fun. I tried to catch up to see if I could get a ride too but they were too fast. golly.
Item 2: We are having another cold snap, with cloudy days and snow falling all day. Unfortunately there has not been a lot of accumulation. I am lodging a formal complaint against mother nature because I have not done any sledding this winter. We have an ideal set of railroad ties/planters that when lots of snow falls, you can carve out an amazing sled run (I have included a diagram). Last winter we had many a midnight sledding party. This year, nothing. I even hand shoveled the drive, using the wheel barrow to dump all the snow on the sled run, to no avail.

ten minutes are up.
1 comment:
Here's hoping:
http://darkgate.net/comic/images/calvin/1233037283.gif
Post a Comment