Well, Mom and Dad have just left and it was so good to see them. We hung out, chatted, ate, took a cold train ride to Levita, rode around in the country, poked around in shops, drove to Monte Vista, and had many group hugs. How I will miss them! But, lucky for me, I will get to see Dad and Dan next weekend- it is truly an October of Oakes.
Life is going well here in Alamosa, despite my tooth-less admirers and those pesky life questions. Today for lunch Mom, Dad, and I went to eat authentic Mexican at Marquez's. After getting our tacos we went to the salsa bar and loaded our food with fresh cilantro, limes, and salsa--I thought I was putting a harmless pico de gallo on mine (confidently following my lead and assurances it was mild, Mom followed suite) but the first bite introduced an excruciating level of spiciness to my taste buds and reinforced the truth that i am a gringo. Whodoggy! Mom was panting and I was about to eat my napkin when Dad rescued us by ordering more tortillas to re-establish equilibrium in our mouths. Yikes! The pain was only truly over after some Dairy Queen.
now i must leave, for a converstation with my brother awaits me.
Banana Pepper & Goat Cheese Tart
5 days ago
1 comment:
haha. i told some of our guests mistakenly that the pesto sauce for a pasta buffet was actually cilantro for the tacos - that must have tasted a little odd!
Post a Comment