Thursday, October 07, 2010

Brown paper packages tied up with string.

New Things That I Love:

Noodletools: This website will automatically create you MLA or APA citations, making works cited no work at all. Brilliant and my life has changed for the better.

Grilled cheese with avocado: Okay, not really new, but good enough to include on any list. Also try it with a french inspired fried egg on top = magical.

Gloves and Dial Soap: I cleaned up a lot of poo this week. I like gloves.

Not failing midterms I didn't study enough for: such a relief.

Goofing off the computer lab at community college: It's quiet, everyone thinks you are working, and you have written half of your paper, so you feel a little justified in taking a break to write a blog post.

Weddings that reunite old friends: Okay, also not new. But this weekend was filled with delightful times with Alamosa alumni. Much story telling and laughing so hard that my face hurt. Dance parties in cars, naps in parks, tea houses, climbing trees, and love love love! Shawna slaved in the basement creating a quilt for the couple, I played cello in a skirt a leeeettle too short, the sun shined, and pacts were made for yearly reunions, hopefully on Halloweens, so we can continue to revel in costumes, rose petal gangs, and puppy dogs.

Boyfriends: Nice in too many ways to count.

Riding elevators when late to class: so swift and then you arrive just as the teacher is beginning.

Eating yogurt with a fork, spilling it on my microbiology book, and then licking it off: Ironic, no?

1 comment:

Laura Eley said...

EWWW!!! I do love the irony though...