The year of the ox is at a close and let us all hope that the year of the tiger is more forgiving. General prophecies say that it will be a year of love. Let us hope so.
Recap (For those who don’t recall, these are the first lines of each month of the past year):
January: Today has been funny.
February: Today I exercised my divine feminine right to not watch the superbowl.
March: I am sick.
April: Today was my 1 year anniversary at Whole Health.
May: I have found my calling.
June: Amy is coming and I am incredibly excited!
July: So my work day is done and now I can blog guilt free.
August: I am no longer house sitting and am back in the mountain, which I must say feels a little weird.
September: Found the Egg! Phew, what a relief.
October: isn't he just the cutest baby ever? My brother and sister have the most beautiful children!
November: Hello. I have tried to write but all too often I delete what I have said.
December: Okay, so I am shamelessly stealing this idea but what fun!
In terms of resolutions (though as Rachel suggested, it may be better to call them intentions), I have well over a dozen, in my normal mad-hatter, no-holds-barred way of plunging ahead like a three-legged donkey through a swamp. I have been wading through my convictions of late and have found that many of my choices are not sustainable (don’t mind my somewhat hip and green use of this word. But I mean it, as in I cannot possibly continue living in the way I have been. Definition of sustainable: capable of being maintained at a steady level without exhausting natural resources) and are not in the least bit congruent with my professed beliefs. Integrity is so inconvenient at times. Yet I truly believe that I operate with a lighter heart and a greater sense of freedom when all things line up. It is time to plant my feet.
Main Points of Change:
•
• Shopping. I am going to stop shopping for new clothes (gasp!). And no new fabric too, though that one hurts even more than no more clothes. Now that I have a sewing machine, I am going to give sustainable fashion my most concentrated effort. So I can remake old things, from thrift stores, but no more therapeutic shopping trips to euthanize the soul. Nothin’ store bought for this urban homesteader.
Summeresolutions:
• Biking to work. It’s going to happen. When there is no more snow.
• Camping/ hiking/ tomfoolery in the woods. Lots of tomfoolery.
No comments:
Post a Comment