Due to Megan's absence from the house i feel like i have not talked to anyone in ages. i called the bank lady about the car loan and kept chatting and chatting, like a verbal addict. ack, i thought, i have become that person. I will talk to ANYONE about ANYTHING for an extended amount of time, ignoring social cues, ignoring that I am less than a mere acquaintance to a majority of these victims of my garrulous attacks. alas. ear plugs needed.
I am almost done with work and as I approach, have more free time on my hands, I feel like I am unraveling even more, if that is at all possible. I just feel like my soul cannot undergo anymore attacks. We are at emergency red level. My spirit is like a balloon that floated too high and then expired with a frantic downward spiral accompanied by a somewhat tragic yet somewhat amusing farting noise as it plummeted to its demise. yep, thats me.
meanwhile, i officially have a car and it is officially named Maybell and she is the perfect car for me. we have many adventures in store my dear.
I wrote a valentine poem of which i am quite proud, of limited rhyme and poor meter:
On this day created for the masses
I say we go out and raise up our glasses
To those fools who need it this way
because they cannot say 'I love you' on any normal day
And so we toast to those sad, sorry dumb asses
Things I am glad for:
tiny spoons with which to eat whipped cream off a hot coco
Johnny Cash
walks where you see no cars and no people
bread flour and chocolate chips
standing up tall
friends close by
silliness of any variety
Banana Pepper & Goat Cheese Tart
5 days ago
1 comment:
love the poem. i am copying it and taping it to my wall.
Post a Comment