Sunday, August 20, 2006

so good news, work has become a little less overwhelming with each passing day. phew, but am i glad the weekend is here! I work saturdays, so my weekend is sunday and monday, which is actually good because a lot of things are closed on the weekend. I am at milagros before I go to church to meet the Staffords (connection from Charlotte) at their church and then they graciously invited me to lunch. Already cooking everyday at the shelter for 40-50 folks has put me off of cooking for myself, but thats okay since I usually get to eat what I make at the shelter too. Already I have made some fun things like pumpkin bread and peach cobbler (one little old lady asked after eating my cobbler, where are you from honey? North carloina I say. I knew you were from the south, with cobbler this good, she replied. Haha next up pulled bbq and hush puppies.) Its fun and the people are good, though sometimes in trouble and sometimes a little wacky. The most interesting encounters are people coming to the shelter intoxicated. yup I am building up quite the source of stories. My goals for the coming week: running and practicing driving a stick shift.

No comments: