Thursday, August 24, 2006
I have been reading lots of people's blogs lately and they all seem so profound and interesting while in mine I keep talking about coffee. I think this is because when I am feeling bummed I generally do not like talking about it or dwelling on it (besides the fact that my friends that keep blogs are amazing and really thoughtful about life in general, thus creating excellent blogs). I find that I tend to keep my head down and plow through the day, moving from one task to the next, especially when I feel tired or not particularly motivated. I forget to listen or look at things or people. So, yesterday was not a particularly nice day for me, mostly for the reasons above- me plowing through because overwhelming emotions and life-ness made me want to disable all communication with the world- but I was walking to the coffee shop (shocker) to email stuff when I looked up and around and saw the mountains to the east, the Sangre de Cristo mountains (blood of Christ) and had the very satisfying and relieving revelation that there is much more going on in the world than me. I know that sounds cheesy (I looked up and saw the mountains and knew that everything would be ok...cue dramatic string section to imply a life changing moment...) and I by no means 'felt' immediately better or knew I would be ok, but I did remember how big God is, which means He is big enough to handle, change, re-mold all of my mess and that the world is not my home or where I put my hope. so today is a new day and hopefully I will learn to hold this glimpse of truth a little closer (I have faith amnesia) and carry a little more grace with me today, in addition to my coffee cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there! This is Sunny, from Prague. Thanks for being so open about your feelings. It's really neat to be reminded of how it's not only the big moments but the mundane little ones God chooses to
"in-break" with a special revelation of who he is. I don't think it's cheesey at all. It was encouraging to me and I pray my heart is open to more of those moments!
Post a Comment