Last tuesday we went to this amazing pool (see pictures on the Davis' blog, they go lots) and it has this incredible slide and no lifeguard so we can do whatever we want. All three of us girls would go down together, laughing and screaming. Unfortunately, the liberality of pool rules enables other people to abuse slide privelages as well, so our mini-slide train was constantly being followed by this other czech girl train of 7 to 8 teen girls. I was always the caboose and I can tell you there is no scarier thing than realizing that your train is too slow and there is soon to be a mad collison on the giant slide. Thankfully we always managed to spill into the pool, a mish mash of arms and legs, just before true disaster struck.
The Davis' good friends (you know, the really wonderful friends that you count as your family) Scoot and Cindy were here this week. They are a really great couple who have spent the last year in Rwanda, volunteering with a relief and development organization. I loved hearing their story and thoght it was so cool that here in Prague I have met so many people that have interests similar to mine in what they want to do in the world and how they want to help and impact the world.
I think now is a good time for my list of things I love in Prague:
1. There is no air conditioning so everyone leaves their windows open all the time, so we do too, which always creates a great breeze through our flat. Also, everyone has beautiful lace curtains in their windows, which always leaves beatiful shadows across the floor. But what is my favorite thing is when the breeze is blowing so hard that is pulls the curtain out the window and then brings it back into the house again. Its not a violent breeze, but want to suspends the curtain in the air so that when we are sitting just beneath the curtain it is like we are in our own lace tent. (even if this phenomenon is responsible for pushing our potted sunflower out of the window and onto the pavement four stories below us. ouch)
2. I love getting up early and walking all the way to the other side of the river. I don't know how far it is, but most mornings there is still a cool breeze and it is not very crowded and then I can go to kafico and sit and drink a whole entire pot of tea (usually Assam).
3. I love all of the parks that are tucked away in places you would never suspect, hidden behind walls, so that I can always pretend I am Mary in 'The Secret Garden'
4. I love Cream and Dream. Last night I had mixed berry, coconut, and yougurt. YUM!
5. I like being able to ride the metro without having to hold on, it doesn't always happen, but I like it when I can pull it off.
6. I love when it rains in Prague, whether I am riding a tram or leaning very far outside of our window before an afternoon shower breaks.
7. I like that the sun doesn't fully set until 10 pm and it is up by 5 am.
8. I like how everyone has dogs.
9. I like wearing skirts everyday.
10. I like the smells of fresh baked bread that are everywhere.
Thats all for now- until later...
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mom and I wish that we were there to enjoy it all with you!!
Love you, miss you, see you soon.
Dad
Post a Comment