Tonight I played the game “Let’s Make Leftovers Into Something Edible.”
This is what was in the fridge:
1 cup Quinoa
¼ cup Roasted Chicken
½ cup Cannelloni Beans
1 cooked sweet potato
Chicken Broth (I am trying to be a more economical cook, so I roasted a chicken this week, which I have eaten all week but also used to make my own broth. It was fun, especially the roasting. Roasted chicken is so pretty and makes me feel accomplished and old fashioned)
The key to this game is a well stocked pantry. I made a sweet potato stir fry that, if I do say so myself, was delectable.
Sauce:
3/4 cup chicken broth or water
3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons sherry
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
A spot of honey
Mix all these ingredients together.
Sauté 1 ½ Tablespoons garlic, 1 Tablespoon ginger, and 1 chopped onion in a little oil. Add chopped sweet potato once the onion is browned. Then add the beans, chicken, and quinoa. Add sauce and cook until heated. If need be, dissolved 1 ½ Tablespoons of cornstarch in 2 Tablespoons of water and add to sauté pan to thicken the sauce. Serve steaming hot. Any other vegetables could be added as well, aka anything in the fridge that needs to be consumed.
Ironically, I had new leftovers from my leftovers, BUT less than before (because I ate some...duh).
Yang is back!
No comments:
Post a Comment