Saturday, October 04, 2008

So as many of you know I like to instantly commit to some idea, career, or random inspiration. I dive into the idea, try it on, swim around in it, and, generally, ultimately, reject it. But a girl has got to try a few things on before she settles on it. That being said, I have rejected my nursing ambitions (I think we would encounter the same issue of a super-drained-and-exhausted-Christa very quickly)and am still contemplating some sort of nutritional consultant/ food guru-ness. But tonight I want to be a teacher, elementary school please. I could teach children to read, be creative, be nice, and how to paint. And during the summers (holler) I could work on farms, be an outward bound instructor, go to other countries, build my dream house on my dream farm, have general adventures. What a delicious idea. (And I would really like teaching kids and be good at it, so it wouldn't be quite the selfish "I-am-becoming-a-teacher-in-order-to-have-the-summers-off" scenario- almost but not quite). All I need is a fairy godmother-ish poof to grant me an insta-masters in education.

Today the destiny-magic-8-ball-gods-of-the-ipod gave me a great theme song for the day: We've got a groovy thing goin'- its so true, I do have a groovy thing goin'.

I had this really bizarre dream last night,one that I woke up from and thought to myself, I should write this down, it is so bizarre and brilliant. And I did write it down. And my general impression was, wow, this is bizarre, sick, and kind of twisted. Thus I won't pass it on here except to say I think my brain is a little cracked.

I am putting forward a motion that all people I love and like need to move into the same neighborhood. This is inspired by how delightful my currant communal situation is and while I don't want to live with everyone I like in one house, I want everyone I like to be nearby. So please take note and everyone move to Denver post haste. Thanks.

2 comments:

Talloaf said...

Hey Christa, here's a sermon one of my profs played in class which seems to be at least somewhat applicable to this post. It's good stuff. I recommend listening to it rather than just reading it.

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByScripture/10/1790_Holy_Ambition_To_Preach_Where_Christ_Has_Not_Been_Named/

Talloaf said...

Maybe this link won't get garbled.
sermon