Tonight I was driving home on my mountain road and took a minute to debate whether or not I should turn on my brights. I hesitate to do so because once they are on I often forget to turn them off when I see another car. I decided to flip them on and low and behold, there was a buck, a giant buck in front of me. I slowed and he went on his way, but I think if I hadn't turned on my brights I would have hit him. I am calling this a moment of divine intervention.
I am a word person but not a speller. I know lots of good words and if something happens to you and you are at a loss to find the proper linguistic structural elements to paint an accurate picture-I am your girl. You want to move beyond the realm of creative spelling-I am definitely not your girl. I like to say my creativity rebels against the constraints of traditional spelling. Really, I just don't pay attention. Marcy, my boss, is a stickler for proper spelling and grammar and thankfully she finds my constant spelling transgressions charming (I won't even get into my counting issues). Today (the names have been changed for privacy purposes) I brought up a ticket for a customer and wrote the name as Taya (supposed to be Tanya). Marcy points it out to me, we laugh, I correct the mistake and go back to work. Later she calls me up again, gives me a look, and hands me back the ticket I corrected. Yeah, I wrote Tayna. I mean, you would think that I would get something that simple correct. Yeah, no. Dyslexic much?
I am going to bed early and WILL NOT BE LATE TO WORK TOMORROW! (I wasn't late today but really don't want to be late tomorrow)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment