Monday, April 30, 2007

i just read Phil and Shanna's blog where Phil recounts a visit to the ER (he cut his hand moving equipment, just a few stiches) where he was in and out of the ER in an hour and the whole thing cost him $60. I mean that was the sum total of the bill, $60. and while he is in Prague, the low cost has nothing to do with a severly lower exchange rate between crowns and dollars. I just found his experience a sharp contrast to my bill of $120 for a 15 min doctors appointment, plus $80 in perscriptions. Needless to say, this bill made it impossible for me to make any expenditure for the last week and a half because it drained my account (given that my monthly income is $225) I remember my own dr.s appointment in Prague plus perscriptions only cost me $40. !!!!. I'm just saying, I find my health insurance and health system more than a little frustrating today. but thank goodness its payday.

No comments: